We are looking to recruit a new member of staff for our accounts team. This is an opportunity to work in our spacious new offices with a friendly and welcoming team.
We are looking for someone with a minimum of 2 years’ experience of working in an accounting practice. The role will be based within our accounting department and will involve:
• Preparing accounts for some sole traders and partnerships, but mostly for limited companies.
• Working from clients own records or those produced by our bookkeeping department; a small proportion of these are still manual or on spreadsheets but most are computerised with the majority using Xero.
• Supervising junior staff where necessary in doing any bookkeeping or bank reconciliation work you require.
• Liaising directly with clients, we offer unlimited advice to our clients making this very much a client facing role.
• Preparing tax computations.
There are opportunities to develop and progress within the firm, through various avenues such as:
• Further qualifications – we are a training office for ACA and ACCA and are a Registered Auditor, currently auditing clients with turnovers up to £25 million.
• Developing your own client portfolio, specialising in areas of interest.
• Management of a team or department.
Every firm offers something a little different and here, at Stubbs Parkin, there are a few benefits which you may not experience within your current role:
• We have invested heavily in technology and work efficiently using the most up to date software and hardware across the firm.
• We have also invested in prestigious new offices that are light and spacious (with an ever decreasing number of filing cabinets and paper files, due to our commitment to be become ‘paperless’).
• We don’t use timesheets as we operate with fixed fees and don’t believe that timesheets create the right environment for our team to work effectively with clients.
• We are agile and responsive to change. Because we all work together as one team we are able to adapt, work to each team member’s strengths and manage our work load efficiently together.
• Our team are very sociable and there’s often an occasion to celebrate.
Requirements for the role:
• Minimum of two years’ experience within an accountancy practice.
• AAT qualified or part qualified
• Good general IT skills. We primarily use Digita accounts and tax products and Xero, however prior experience of these are not required as training these will be provided.
If you have more experience than this, or are QBE please do get in touch as due to expansion we are flexible in our requirements. Competitive salary dependent on experience. Please send your CV and a cover email to email@example.com.